Nuclear Safety Director
The role calls for a nuclear engineer who possesses an understanding of criticality safety. The position will provide process support and analysis for plant and/or laboratory operation and support other critical projects.
- Interprets, develops and implements company safety programs, including technical documents such as written safety plans, manual sections, white papers, operating procedures, and other vehicles for communication of safety-related information.
- Develops and provides safety training, newsletters, and other awareness campaigns.
- Analyzes accidents, accident rates, and trends; conducts safety investigations and recommends corrective action plans in a coordinated team environment.
- Provides expertise and counsels line management concerning compliance with applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standards regarding safety matters.
- Performs risk assessments to identify risks and develop effective methods for risk control and management to achieve compliance that meets both budgetary and regulatory restrictions.
- Participates in regulatory inspections, prepares and submits reports and follows action items to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in nuclear engineering or physics plus 5 years of experience pertaining to criticality safety, preference to candidates with 7 years of experience or advanced degree. MS or PhD in nuclear engineering or physics plus 3 years of relevant experience, preference to candidates with 5 years of experience. Level will be determined on education and experience.
- The ability to resolve moderately complex technical problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings
- Strong presentation skills in order to conduct training for all levels of employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, senior management and outside representatives
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Get in touch
For more information about EnergyPowerLab services or to speak to our team get in touch via our contact form or details in the next page.
Share your details, and a member of our team will attempt to respond to your inquiry within 1-2 business days.Contact Us Now